Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, January 28, 2013

Young and In Charge: Kessena Omonode

Young and in Charge is all about inspiring young people with dreams and encouraging those already working on their dreams. I must admit that when I was introduced to Kessena, I was expecting to see beautifully decorated houses, but i was blown away by the art work and the attention to detail. Meet Kessena Omonode, young person of the week.

Tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Omonode Kessena Desmond, a christian by birth from  sapele, Delta state, I love nature music, fashion, and football. Not so quick at making friends, but a good keeper of them, I get hurt easily but I'm not easily deterred.


What was growing up like? 
Growing up was quite challenging, I had my ups and downs, I am from a polygamous home so I guess you can understand what I mean in Nigeria its a mixed feeling. I can say I had the best upbringing at the same time it was not all that rosy.

Tell us a little about your educational background?
I attended  University of Benin Staff School, proceeded to University of Benin Demonstration Secondary School. My University education was within he same premises, University of Benin, so I can say the university system is embellished in me.

So what is Kesgates Interior all about? What does it mean and how did the name come about?
Kesgates is coined out from my name Kessena and also Bill Gates the popular billionaire. When I was about starting up my own business, I just thought of it as a  good name for my business name, I wanted something catchy.

What inspired you to go into interior decoration?
Well I can say I have always been creative, I walked into a friends room some time back in 2009, already done with university I was a bit bored and her room had just been painted it was really neat and attractive so I asked her who did this and she directed me to him. Gradually I developed an interest in painting and I started designing as well and a couple of other stuffs in interiors.

How did you go from reading International Studies and Diplomacy!
I read international studies and diplomacy, I have a good negotiating skill so its easy for me to convince customers.

What is your typical day like?
Work and sourcing new clients.

What has been your best work ever?
I can't say I have a particular best job,  I can say that maybe with the jobs I have done of late, I keep improving. God has been my strength.

What do you love most about what you do?
It affords me my own time and I am not been bossed around by anyone. Its something that when I finish a job, I feel really satisfied.

What are the difficulties involved?
Actually convincing clients on why they should pay good money for a good jobs. In addition to that, the emergence of lots of competitors who make the job less creative and would do the job for just anything rather try to be professional about what they do.

If you weren't doing this, what would you be doing?
If I wasn't into interiors  then God help me I would have been a professional photographer like Elechi Amadi and T.Y Bello.

Have you ever felt like giving up on Kesgate Interiors?
Yes when the money has not been coming in i must admit its been challenging.

Who or what inspire you?
My first inspiration is God, I just know I cant afford to give up now I have come too far to go back.

Considering the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are.
I am 26 years old.

15.Asides work I play video games, football, and I love to watch crime inc.

16.Just stay focused and pray to God for guidance, the road to success is not an easy one.

17. I see my company  being on the world map. I know it's still small and it's God who enlarges our coasts not man, so I believe I would be the name on lips of eminent individuals. As long as there is life then there is hope, i hope you could in time to use a G.P.R.S to find my various branches in the world over.

Time to look at some of Kessena's work!













Kessena can be reached on:

Phone: 08059518145, 080123169310


Email: tradbrigs@gmail.com


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one bro. God bless your hustle and give u virgin ideas to go places!

Anonymous said...

I'm truly proud of u Des...u'll do exploit,God will grant u favour before men and Kings...just stay focused...Aunty Feyf

Anonymous said...

Wonderful piece..I'm proud of u dear..u will defintely go places..Zigi

Anonymous said...

Really nice bro. GOD bless ur Husto...Smokz!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us