Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, January 21, 2013

Young and In Charge: Teju Tobun


As I interviewed Teju all that came to my mind was "here is a strong willled lady". Teju came across to me as one who sees no barriers, everything about her screams, "go for your dreams!" I must say, I am greatly inspired. So I bring you Teju Tobun, whose love for make up is taking her places, and I am sure I am not going to be the only lady who would be wowed by the pictures of her works... I have just this to say about them "Simply Beautiful!" Enjoy.

Tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Oyeteju Tobun, a Christian, from Epe town, Lagos State. I love Makeup up, Fashion, Music, Poetry, I can be very friendly and blunt too.


What was growing up like?

Growing up was good, I'll just keep thanking God. I am from a family of four, being the first female, with two sisters looking up to me, I grew up with a lot of responsibilities, looking out for them and all. I lost my Dad while I was in junior secondary school after a brief illness, but my Mum is a Strong woman, and I just Thank God for her and where I am today. 

Tell us a little about your educational background.

I attended Liham Preparatory School for Primary education and the prestigious Queens' College Yaba Lagos (set of 2006) for Secondary education. I Graduated From  UNILAG in 2011 with a Degree in B.A(ed) with a Second Class upper, yes! I read a lot, balanced my life, beauty and brains *winks* and did have fun too. I was the Faculty of Education Social Secretary at the time, and just made the best of it because, I didn't plan to study Education but ended up there. Life is about making the most of every moment. God always has a plan.

What is Make up by Teju about?

Make up By Teju, yeah, I am still Original with my name because all the ones that came to mind were either taken or sounded absurd. Then I thought, my mentors Tara and Banke Meshida use their names, why can't I just stay with it?... So, I Do Makeup for  Brides, Photoshoots, VideoShoots, Tv Productions, Bridal Hair, EyeLash fixing, Headgear and Beauty Consultancy. I have many talents. Besides makeup I Work with an EventPlanner (Oasis)and get hostesses for events,as well.

How did you go from getting a B.A (ed) in Adult Education to being a make up artist?

Wow, I actually didn't go from it, let me just say I was doing makeup right from Unilag, because I would put up write ups on my room door for ladies to come in and shape their eyebrows or have their makeup done if they were going clubbing or wanted to tie their headgear... I made small money then oh! and from there I just went for training @ Beautycook studios and started out on my own. 

What is your typical day like?

I pray, attend meetings with brides or clients for shoots to see my portfolio... Get necessary products I need for my box...bla bla. Lol.

What do you love most about what you do?

The joy and satisfaction I feel when a client looks in the mirror and sees the depth of the beauty they never knew they possessed.... I love that.

What has been your best work ever?

In this field, there's no best work for me, because I cannot say I have arrived. Humility is key, every makeover I give a client is the best!!!

What are the difficulties involved?

There's room for so many entrepreneurs in Nigeria now, and the issue of underpricing is something I and a lot of people out there face, many still don't see why they should pay to get their faces done. Though, I keep reminding them what's the essence of buying that expensive Lace, wedding dress or headgear, and not investing in a professional to Makeup Your Face that your guests want to see which will eventually compliment your attire?

If you were not doing this, what would you have been doing? 

Hmmn, I would be singing big time am sure... yes its still in my plan though.

Have you ever felt like giving up on Make up by Teju?

Yes. I am human, we have our ups and downs, but thank God I got through. Nothing good comes easy, but With God all things are Possible.

Who or what inspires you?

My Mum is my number one inspiration, then the key players in the field, awesome people that have shared their knowledge like Ewar, BmPro, Beautycook.

Considering the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are.

*shy face*...I was 23years old on the 22nd September 2012. 

Asides work, what do you do for fun?

Work. Ha! My work is Fun, I love it....I Have fun while working, I make people smile and make the money..Finito!

Advice to youths that wish to follow in your footsteps.

Hope and Pray. Hope is when you nurture a dream, and work towards it, even when it seems you're not close to it, hope is what keeps you going when you wake up in the morning. Prayer!!! God will back that hope up, just keep Praying... Let every youth out there see the best in him/herself and not dare give up!

Where do you see yourself and Make up byTeju in the next five years?

I see myself on the best platform, the best horizon and being the best MakeUp Artiste in the nation and beyond. Yelz! its my vision, you're allowed to have yours too!*wink*

Having heard from the amazing Teju, let's feed your eyes with pictures of her works...





















Teju can be reached in the following ways: 

Address: 1,Tobun street Onike yaba Lagos. 

Phone no: 08038010569 and 08188179505


67 comments:

Makeover by T.E.J.U said...

Bless your heart Ify and Adesuwa!

Anonymous said...

God Bless your work cuz!!! Thumbs up

Kimberly said...

Teju is really good at what she does plus truly insipring

Anonymous said...

Tejuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.nice1

Anonymous said...

Constitency married with purpose, a virtue few possess...Nice work granny

Anonymous said...

Simply Vavavooom!

Emeritus Ajayi Adetoye said...

Fantastic I love all dis work am seeing, keep it up Teju d sky is d begining #Hope and Pray

Mojola said...

I have always admired Teju,I love her spirit and what she does,Go gurl!

Olamide said...

So proud of her! Thumbs up Sis!

olu-money said...

Wow this is so amazing this lady has got what it takes too be a top star mark up art....big ups teju

Anonymous said...

Aren't u just gifted?nice one dear.I'm sure u wud make me up on my wedding day too.loll.God bless...

Yeancah said...

The sky is just d limit baby #HopeAndPray

Anonymous said...

@ Teju...GOD bless you too. Adesuwa

Anonymous said...

Truly inspired

Pheee said...

Thank you Toju and thanks for agreeing to do this, your work is truly amazing and inspiring.

Daisy said...

I am so wowed by Teju's work&am encouraged...I also love make ups &i love her works too,its always fun2see her updates cos she's on my bbm list.I know I'll be privileged2get her do a make over for me sometym soon.God bless Teju&bless d work of her hands IJN.You r going places.

tosin said...

Beautiful!beautiful!!beautiful!!!

Miss Cyntilicious said...

You r truly gifted Teju...may God crown ur efforts wiv success...u rock gurl...

janet osho said...

Nice pics......I admire you and ur work greatly. You are truly a star and you will shine

Anonymous said...

Truly nice

omotennie*tennys treat said...

U go gurl! I'm a witness to tejus make over,n woowwww is all I can say! She's rily gifted at what she does! More grease to ur elbow!! D sky is ur startin point

Hadufair said...

Great works Teju, lovely spirit, spirit of actualization. More inspiration in jesus name.

tee shawty said...

Nice1 dear

Anonymous said...

Congrats dear. Ur moving on to greater things. :) sophie

Oropo Olajumoke said...

As young as Teju is, she inspires me. She is very determined,God fearing,focus and goal oriented above all she is Humble. May God continue to bless d work of your Hand.

olawunmi h. Tobun said...

My dearest cousin and friend..ur strong, ur great n d sky is ur starting point...all d very best

Anonymous said...

Sky is your beginning explore d universe with ya God gifted talent

Anonymous said...

Granny nyc work wot can I say am so proud of u

Anonymous said...

Bigger u I pray cuz! Waiting for d time u gonna start training.. Don't hesitate to contact me. Love u much kiddo. Jummy Tobun, *winks*

Olufemilite said...

Great great works of a great personality,..tip of δ iceberg cos Teju just began,loved u..

Anonymous said...

Weldone Teju! Ur works r beautiful nd I must confess u inspire me as well, actually I also love make-up nd I intend going in2 it as well. But! I must confess u r too much.. Keep it up dear! Wish u good nd may God crown ur effort with success. Am indeed inspired...*winks# buki(tci)

darmie said...

Nice one teju,may God bless d work of ur hands.keep it up dear d sky is ur starting point

Rabii said...

Thumbs up....keep up d good works dearie,d sky is ur starting up.

Olufemilite said...

Great great works of a great personality,.. P of δ iceberg cos Teju just began..*love u...olufemilite

oge coutures said...

Teju the young and innovative babe, may d good LORD always up hold u goooo girl

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! is all I can say..deola

Anonymous said...

Teju Tobun young and vibrant u inspire me alot to kip on wif my work knwin dat if teju can do it I can, u've got so much power in u nd ur going higher babe d sky is ur beginin point........Nikkis confectioneries

Taiwo Ademoyega said...

Am sooo proud of you oyeteju...Love from your Big Sis

aodigie said...

Teju is one of the strongest and most determined ladies I know. Amazing heart and pours such Passion into her work. More blessings upon you my love!

aodigie said...

Teju is one of the strongest and most determined ladies I know. Amazing heart and pours such Passion into her work. More blessings upon you my love!

Anonymous said...

My teju...d most hardworking gal I no!go gal....success is sure for u!

Anonymous said...

Destined for the TOP! Sure you're going to the greatest height where you never imagined! Proud of you...GOD BLESS..
Oni Bolawa.

seun salau said...

Keep it up dear,the sky is only ur starting point.cheers

Ayinkala said...

Sky is your limit. Big up dear!!!

Anonymous said...

nyc one, there is nurin more than bring out the best in people (beauty unknown). keep up the good work..... putting smiles on peoples face. see you heading for the top.

Franklin

Anonymous said...

Beauty+brain=teju tobun.

Anonymous said...

Nice1 teju kip it up! All d best.

Anonymous said...

Dis started as a joke and now your already there!God is with u mehn!!! Bless you my darling!Kwi:n

Bina said...

The most hardworking girl I knw : Teju Tobun. God bless you Darling

*Iron Sponge* Lipstick Buyer said...

This *TEJU* girl!!! Wish I could explain how I feel when I look at her. So young yet so full of wisdom. God bless your hustle dear. Keep putting your heart in it and you're sure gonna blow big time.

wande said...

Keep up the good job

nonye said...

Stronge woman nice 1

Nanma Labar said...

Time to #Famz! *wink* Teju has been my friend since childhood. She always brought ideas on how we could make money. She made us sell almond nuts 4rm d almonds(popularly known as 'fruit') we plucked! When she started make up by Teju, I knew der was no looking back. Go girl! Love u pieces. Muah!

tutumia said...

Wish u all the best dearie...Great heights u shall attain IJN

Gabii said...

Hmmmn... Teju the REAL. Gewd work dear. I felt greatness the very 1st time I met U. U are going places. Continue being REAL.

Unknown said...

The Bible says whatsoever you hand finds to do do it well , another part says do it to the glory of God. What can Isay more grease to your elbow , greater heights and mind blowing achievements in Jesus name. May your gifts and talents make a way for yo and lead you to the Top and to the Palace. Receive grace to do more and attain more in Jesus name. Pst. Mrs. HETO

Anonymous said...

Teju Tobun.hmmm!she's a strong young woman who knows what she want and very intelligent.we ve met only once and she's made lot of impression.proud of U girl..May God bless d work of ur hands

Claire Awele said...

welldone babe!!!!very strongwilled and passionate about what you do.....known you for years and your an inspiration to me and females out there. The sky is your stepping stone.. *kudos

Ogba said...

Passion meets skill... I'm so inspired by this young talented lady. The work of your hands are simply amazing. Go girl!

zainab n boom said...

ZAINAB n Boom
Teju is amazing,Love u babes,many more to cum in sound health n wealth.God is with u alws #mwah






Unknown said...

Simply inspiring please don't get discouraged by those who feel they should not pay well for a good make up we all budding Entrepreneurs face this same problem to convince clients why they should pay for quality and outstanding services, the hope is that things improove in this country so we don't regret our choices to be independent thumbs up.

Anonymous said...

She just has 2 be my make up artist on my wedding day! Can't say more

Anonymous said...

Go teju go teju go...dts my fine peperempe for u..she gat it all beauty and brains..love u muchos :*

bam bam said...

Nice 1,there's a connection going on right now between you and the people that God has set as a poiter to your financial prosperity, God bless the work of ur hand.

Agba Rebecca said...

Great jobs dearie, 1 fin i rily lov u 4 is d fact d@ u'r so so creative in evryfin u do n coms out gd. U knw wah u'r my MENTOR. Kp it up dr

binta said...

God bless the work of your hands.

Busola Kolawole said...

A true definition of Beauty,Brains and Godliness. I accord Teju a lot of respect for her determination and zeal towards life. God bless you, your family and ur business. Amazing pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us