Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, March 18, 2013

Young and In Charge: Omozele Patience Imafidon


While going through our young person of the week's interview, all that kept coming to my mind was 'wow'. As I went through her interview, I was reminded of why I started this section of the blog, to share inspirational stories of young people following their dreams. I was reminded also not to judge a book by its cover, prior to this interview, I knew of her legal background, and a little about her designs, never knew she was this good at it. Meet our young person of the week, Omozele Imafindon, Lawyer and designer!

Tell us a little about yourself?
My full name is Omozele Patience Imafidon, a lawyer, qualified barrister in two countries ;) and currently serving my country Nigeria.





What was growing up like?
As the oldest child out of six, growing up was full of managing my siblings with my very busy parents, it was the best thing ever! My siblings have different personalities which made it fun growing up .

Tell us a little about your educational background?
I started my education at a private school, on to a public school for my primary education and back to a private catholic boarding school for my secondary education. 
Was off to college and then to university to study law. Thankful to God, I completed it after almost giving up in my first year. Today can gladly proudly display my masters in Law in addition to my degree!

So what is Zéls Roärke Production all about? What does it mean and how did the name come about?
Zéls Roärke Production is my lil baby. As I love to point out all the time. 
It's about creating my designs with the traditional Anakara materials. It also about providing foreign designs to the people with prints that are commonly used in our country.
The name Zéls Roärke.... Zéls a cut out from my name meaning 'Because', thanks to my friend Uju, Roärke which is my favourite Irish name, in Gaelic meaning 'Champion'. 
Both names have their special holding on me so decided to combine both and name my first child that! 

How did you go from reading Law to producing these beautiful Ankara pieces?
Law had always been my passion but I always had an attachment to creating designs of clothes, bags and my favourite accessory -SHOES! Clothing was really what I wanted to get into but seeing that I love shoes so much I said why not. 
Ankara materials come in all colours and designs, feeling one could use them with any style, I decided to create comfortable accessories with them. Trust me when I say they do go with anything, even your English attires! 

Do you see yourself mixing the both of them, Law and your production line?
For now I'm trying to keep them as separate as I can. They are both at different ends right now. Maybe which is a very big maybe down the line they would mix but for now... Separate ends.

What is your typical day like?
A typical day would be go to the office, try to organise my business from Abuja as my production line is based in Lagos. Therefore chasing my PA, who by the way is my little brother Eustace, to get in contact with my employees and chase orders because mostly, time is of the essence with delivery.
It's most times a continuous circle.

What do you love most about you what you do?
Its mostly having to see my products with customers. Seeing my designs alive with materials have personally selected. Also have people comment on their beauty n have regular customers! 
It's a special feeling. 

What has been your best work ever?
Would say my "special design" slippers as my PA loves to call it. Its got woven hand n specific flower design. 
Can proudly say it out-smarted the problems I had initially with some designs. 

What are the difficulties involved?
Having to run it from another city. With a line like this, one has to personally see to some things like material selection, which I love to do myself. 
Also to inspect every product, ensuring they are up to my expectations. My rule is- I wouldn't put anything out there that I wouldn't carry myself! I could be really selective :D
There is also the issues of manufacturer's not keeping to assigned date. It gets very frustrating. I try very hard to try to work around those.

If you weren't doing this, what would you have been doing?
Modelling! At this point would say running my own modelling company.

Have you ever felt like giving up on Zéls Roärke Production?
Honestly... Like twice. The thought had crossed my mind. But I go back to look at a product and the pride gives me more determination! 

Who or what inspires you?
I look inwards for inspiration and I'm always looking to improve

Considering the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are.
I am 25 years old.

Asides work, what do you do for fun?
I love to party when the feeling arises. This might not count as fun to some, but I sure do love to read! Give me a book, a pool side and music any day and I'm game! 

Advice to youths that wish to follow in your footsteps.
You have to be really determined and not easily discouraged. Things don't always work out at first try but you should be willing to battle it out!

Where do you see yourself and Zéls Roärke Production five years from now?
I see both at a higher level. At international and national fashion shows and a well known brand name!




And to our favourite part, pictures of her breathtaking work.













Modelling her work.

Price range:
Bags: 6500
Clutches: 3500-2500
Shoes: 5500
Slippers: 4000
 
Omozele can be reached on:
Phone: +2348167426124 and +2348157279930
Email: zellyangel@yahoo.com
Head Office: F261 Road 64 VGC Lagos
Branch office: Suite E8 Ikota Shopping Complex VGC Lekki-Epe Expressway Ajah



12 comments:

Unknown said...

nice collections
for latest fashion trends check out http://trendyrammy.blogspot.co.uk

cimeldarey said...

Lovely. Nice one girl. The sky is your limit. Gods grace all the way.

Anonymous said...

Zelly,dis is lovely,more power to ur elbow...Ogieva

Oseyi Okoh said...

each piece is a promise kept, the bags are especially awesome and the prices pocket friendly! nice!!

Reglin said...

I love the slippers. Nice work gal. Wit hardwork God will surely take u to greater heights(amen). To Iphie and Adesuwa, thank u for dis inspiring section of ur blog. God bless you both.

Anonymous said...

Zele, I'm so proud of you! Chi x

odiase Evelyn said...

The sky is your starting point.go girl

Unknown said...

Nice one keep its up its nice to see us (Youths) creating things out of nothing....................................kesgates.

Anonymous said...

Great work zele,our God is takin u to greater heights.all d best.adannaya

@iLotanna said...

Young people doing it, that's what we hope for. Keep on pushing till you get to Milan Fashion Week. #Bless

@iLotanna said...

Eerrm....this "your comment will be visible after approval" doesn't cut it for me oh!

Anonymous said...

Niccceeeee work Zele,see u @ d top.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us